Media And Mass Communication Participation
- Published poems, short stories and articles in English daily newspapers in Bangladesh and Canada.
- Regular Contribution and Executive Editor in "Deshe Bideshe" –The weekly Bengali newspaper published from Toronto, Canada.
- Regular television host and Guest star in Canada and Bangladeshi television programming.
- Weekly on-air host of "world music" Bangladesh.
- Guest Speaker: Radio Show (July 1994) in Toronto to discuss social conditions and women writers of Bangladesh, including affairs regarding Taslima Nasreen.
- Popular Master of Ceremonies (MC) and renowned reciter / orator and Seminar speaker in national shows and conventions held all over North America by various social and cultural organizations such as:
- Bongo Shommelon NABC (Toronto,2013).
- Bongo Shommelon NABC (Toronto,2008).
- Bangladesh Convention (Montreal, 2006) FOBANA (Federation of Bangladesh Associations of North America).
- 18th Bongo Shommelon NABC (Toronto 1998).
- Bangladesh Convention (New Jersey 1996) FOBANA.
- Executive Editor, "Deshe Bideshe" Weekly Bengali newspaper from Toronto(1996).
- Bangladesh Convention (Montreal 1995) FOBANA.
- Bangladesh Convention FOBANA (Toronto 1993),.
- 12th Bongo Shommelon NABC (Toronto 1992).
- Co-chairperson, 28th North American Bengali Convention, Toronto, Canada, 2008.
- Liaisons, Bangladeshi Associations.
- Worked with Women's Shelters in Toronto; battered women in Dhaka, Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture in Toronto(CCVT).
- Bengali Studies Program in University of Toronto as Advisory Committee Member for the 'Dipty Chakravarty' Bursary.
- Community Liaison Member 'Friends of Bengali Studies', University of Toronto.
- Member, Advisory Board: Bangla Mela, Betar Bani, Canada, Dhaka University FORUM Alumni Association, Deshi TV Toronto and Bengali Cultural Society.
- First position in Inter-School English Recitation Competition, 1970.
- First position in Inter-School English Extempore Speech, 1969.
- First position in Inter-University English Debate Competition, 1978.
- Second position in National Television Bengali Debate Competition1976 and 1977.
- Singles Champion in Bangladesh National Badminton Competition 1975, 1976, 1977 & 1978.
- Radio conductor of World Music, 1972-1981.
- Presenter and Conductor of popular shows like Shikhangan, Nobo Kollol, Barnali, Jubo
Mela, Pran Taranga etc. 1972-1981.
- Received the annual award for being the "Most Well Rounded High Achieving Student of the Year"1976, Department of Public Administration, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Cultural Shows:
- Conductor and Presenter of various cultural delegation and troupes from China, Korea,
Burma, Malaysia etc. at the National Shilpa Kala Academy and Bongo Bhaban, until 1981.
- Bangladeshi Representative of "PEN" International.
- Bangladeshi Representative in Mexico PEN Convention of November 2003.
- Represented the University of Dhaka and joined the Late President Ziaur Rahman in his
North Korean tour (1978).
- Represented Bangladesh in the Asian Badminton Tournament held at Hyderabad, India in
- Represented Sputnik International in the Indian International Philatelic Exhibition held in
New Delhi (Nov. 1973).
- Represented Canada in the German Bangladesh Convention held in Frankfurt, 2002 as poet and seminar speaker.